Our accomplished lawyers successfully handled cases related to elder abuse, personal injury, product liability, employment discrimination, birth injuries, and medical malpractice at Southern California. View some of our case histories:
Fraud and Conspiracy
- Kitrosser v. The Regents of the University of California, William Taylor, M.D. ($1.750 million settlement)
- Kitrosser v. NuVasive, Inc. ($3.099 million verdict)
- Physician implants pain pump after failed trial; undisclosed financial interest in pharmacy providing narcotics ($2,050,000 settlement)
- Neurologist injured in auto accident ($3.1 million settlement)
- Slip and fall at Open House ($290,000 settlement)
- Slip and fall on wet floor at restaurant ($500,000 settlement)
- Amrine v. Koll Center, et al.
- Motor home goes down 110-foot embankment injuring passengers ($700,000 settlement)
- John Doe v. Roe Company, et al.
- 16-year-old dies after State-mandated physical fitness test
- Engineer severely burned when 30-inch reheat steam pipe bursts ($15 million settlement)
- Klug v. Roe Hospital and Roe Inc (settlement), James F. Marino, M.D. (arbitration)
- Dural tear during back surgery; defective nerve monitoring device ($2,490,251.98 settlement)
Elder Abuse/Nursing Home
- Elder abuse and neglect lead to death of a 94-year-old ($700,000 settlement)
- Elder dies from multiple infected bed sores ($750,000 settlement)
- 89-year-old dies from complications following fall ($160,000 settlement)
- Misplaced feeding tube kills 89-year-old ($110,000 settlement)
- Retaliation for complaining of pregnancy discrimination ($150,000 jury verdict plus $273,481 in attorney’s fees and costs)
- Retaliation for supporting gender discrimination claims ($966,500 settlement)
- Jane Doe v. Public Entity
Insurance Bad Faith
- Jane Doe v. John Roe, John Zoe and Company Insurance
- Ryan v. S.D. Hospital Assoc. dba Sharp HealthCare and AIG Life Ins Co.
- Failure to report agitation leads to dislodged endotracheal tube and brain injury ($4,950,527 arbitration award against Kaiser)
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat symptoms of TIA leads to stroke ($1,237,321 + $30,000 arbitration award against Kaiser)
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat symptoms of TIA, resulting in stroke($5 million arbitration award against Kaiser)
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat thyroid cancer ($900,000 mediated settlement)
- Failure to diagnose and treat active pneumonia and pleural effusions ($543,923 arbitration award against Kaiser)
- Failure to follow up on elevated PSA and enlarged prostate ($400,000 settlement)
- Failure to diagnose and timely treat CAD, results in heart attack ($1.175 million settlement)
- Overdose of insulin and glucose lead to brain injury ($4,043,728 settlement)
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat ovarian cancer ($750,000 settlement)
- Death of 55-year-old from laceration of heart during hernia repair ($260,000 settlement)
- Minor Doe v. County of Riverside, et al.
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat prostate cancer ($550,000 settlement)
- Death of 40-year-old following prolonged diarrhea and internal bleeding ($1.1 million settlement)
- Delay in treatment of postop hematoma leads to permanent paralysis ($800,000 arbitration award and confidential settlement)
- Military doctor refuses request for C-section ($1,259,970 judgment)
- Death of 50-year-old following overdose of chemotherapy drug 5FU ($1,358,000 settlement)
- Failure to refer to urologist despite elevated PSA ($850,000 settlement)
- Lindburg, et al. v. Unnamed Hospital, Roe Dr. 1, Roe Dr.
- Paul Adkins and Katie Adkins v. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals
- Doe Parents v. Roe Medical Group
- ($825,000 settlement)
- John Doe and Mary Doe v. Dr. Roe and Roe Medical Center (Confidential)
- Surgeon removes wrong rib ($1,024,614 jury verdict)
- Plaintiff vs. Doe Hospital
- Delay in C-Section of baby in fetal distress ($1.3 million settlement)
- Failure to treat chronic a-fib leads to stroke ($865,000 settlement plus $15,000 for future wrongful death)
- Failure to timely treat appendicitis ($200,000 settlement)
- MRI of patient with pacemaker causes death ($250,000 settlement)
- Failure to timely diagnose and treat rectal cancer ($850,000 settlement)
- Army Veteran overdosed on heparin leading to stroke ($420,878 judgment)
- Failure to timely treat postoperative hematoma ($1.3 million total settlement)
- Brown v. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc.
- Velasquez v. U.S.A.
- Jones v. Fernald Wentzell, M.D.
- Rubidoux, et al. v. Country Hills Health Care Center, Jassmann, M.D., et al.
- Hanley, et al. v. John Doe, M.D. (confidential)
- Huffman v. Doe Convalescent Hospital (confidential)
- Jensen v. Mark Stern, M.D.
- Sobczak, et al. v. Motlagh, M.D.; Knauf, M.D.; Scripps Hospital East County
- Garrett v. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, et al.
- Kirwan v. Jose Perez, Nick’s Dairy Commodities, et al.
- Crosthwaite v. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, et al.
- Lobb, et al. v. Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, et al.
- Palacios v. Alan Horowitch, M.D.
- Prafke v. Alvarado Hospital Medical Center, et al.
- Long v. Ervin Wheeler, M.D.
- Jane and John Doe v. Hospital and Nurse (confidential)
- Jane and John Doe v. Doctor and Hospital (confidential)
- Waldal v. Charles Campbell, M.D. and Scripps Memorial Hospital
- Weamer v. Samuel C. Hon, MD.
- Massive staph infection destroys hip and L3-4 disc space($345,000)
- Child dies after given Norpace and Inderal ($1.2 million jury verdict)
- Child given wrong chemotherapy drug ($558,000 arbitration award)
- Failure to timely diagnose lung cancer leads to death ($500,000 (settlement)
- Cardiac arrest after administration of succinylcholine ($400,000 settlement)
- 51-year-old develops infection after perforated urethra ($160,000 jury verdict)